Welcome to Medical Associates of Springfield-Burke
We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with Virginia Hospital Center, and our practice will be known as The Medical Associates of Springfield-Burke.
Our practice has always been committed to a high quality of care. By combining with Virginia Hospital Center, we will be able to continue the tradition we have developed for excellent service, deep expertise and an environment with which our patients and staff want to be associated. The hospital prides itself on high quality, committed professionals and is invested in their training, development and growth. We are excited to be a part of this great institution.
We will work closely with our patients and employees to make this integration process as smooth as possible. During this transition, we ask and thank you in advance for your patience and support. In the meantime, our patients will, of course, continue to receive the same high quality of care which they have come to expect from us.
Finding quality medical care as well as a caring medical physician who will both listen to you and advise you of your treatment options, do not have to be mutually exclusive. At Medical Associates of Springfield-Burke, we look forward to creating a long and healthy relationship with you. As a family physician,
Dr. Alton Tucker and Dr. Nancy Selim know that the better informed our patients are, the better we can be of service to you. That is why if you have a question or concern and call our office, you always will get a call back. Our doctor and staff thank you and appreciate your trust in our care for you and your family.
Medical Associates of Springfield-Burke is accepting new patients and have same-day appointments available. All of our physicians are Board Certified in Internal Medicine and focus on preventative care and women’s health issues, as well as the diagnoses and management of both acute and chronic illnesses. Our doctors strongly believe in good health maintenance, disease prevention and incorporating the patient in decision making regarding their care and treatment plans.
Medical Associates of Springfield-Burke offers the following services to our patients:
- Promoting and maintaining good health by focusing on preventive medicine, preventive care and disease prevention. Incorporating patients in the decisions regarding their care and treatment plans.
- Acute illnesses such as flu, sinus infection, urinary tract infections, and other illnesses requiring immediate attention.
- In office lab services
- Management of chronic conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, thyroid and women’s health issues.
- Routine immunizations and recommendations for international travel
- Annual physicals including routine pap smears, school and camp physicals.
- Immigration physicals and exams for the Peace Corps Application
- Most insurance plans accepted, including Medicare, most local area PPOs including Blue Cross and a select group of HMOs - CareFirst HMO, Aetna HMO and all TriCare products.